Campervan Hire in Glasgow
Glasgow is in Scotland in the United Kingdom and has always been known as a liberal, left winged, working man’s town. It is in an ideal location, especially for people who wish to explore other areas of Scotland, such as the Scottish Borders or the Scottish Highlands. With so many great sites to see, campervan hire is one of the best ways to travel around.
Back to Top
What is Campervan Hire in Glasgow?Opting for campervan hire in Glasgow is a great way to have a holiday in which you can visit all the different areas of Scotland at your own leisure. You could visit a number of different lochs, for example, or travel all the way up to view the rugged landscape of the highlands. Alternatively, you could choose to enjoy the unspoilt beauty of nature in the Scottish borders, perhaps travelling the length of Hadrian’s Wall. Opting for campervan hire in Glasgow is generally much cheaper than using public transportation and staying in hotels or campsites, plus it is a lot more comfortable! Campervans all have their own sleeping and sitting areas, as well as a bathroom and kitchenette which makes them the ideal form of transportation.
Campervan Hire in Glasgow CompaniesThere are many companies in and around Glasgow offering campervan hire in Glasgow, particularly since Scotland in general is such a popular tourist destination. Some of the companies you may want to consider if you are thinking of taking a campervan holiday include:
- Open Roads Scotland
- Walk Highlands
- The Wee Camper Hire Company
Campervan Hire in Glasgow CostsThe costs of campervan hire in Glasgow will depend greatly on a number of factors:
- The size of campervan you are thinking of hiring will influence the price. Generally, larger campervans are more expensive overall, but they can often work out cheaper on a person to person basis.
- The type of campervan hire in Glasgow you are looking for will also influence the price. Campervans range from the cheap and cheerful to the incredibly luxurious. There are also specialised campervans, such as retro Volkswagen vans. If your campervan is outside of the norm, you can expect to pay more.
- The length of time you require your campervan hire in Glasgow for also has an effect. Many companies actively encourage longer term hire by offering severely reduced rates for longer term hire. This means that the day to day cost will go down tremendously if you choose to hire a campervan for a week or more.
- Any optional extras you may require – for example satellite navigation, child seats, air conditioning or additional drivers – will be an additional cost on your campervan hire agreement.
- If you are unable to pick up and drop off the campervan from the depot yourself, you may also incur a delivery charge.
Back to Top